Genres: Chronic Pain, Disease, Nutrition, Opioids
Runtime: 96 minutes 39 seconds
Got pain? Documentary gives hope, and doubt against doubting on overcoming chronic pain and diseases. To wonder, question, laugh, cry, motivate and inspire overcoming on a person’s health. And to show documentaries can be worth watching.
William and Chandra Vandry, a couple from Austin Texas are researchers and own a non profit research foundation searching cures for Chronic pain diseases, Traumatic Brain injuries, Eye diseases, and PTSD. Got pain? documentary hopes to make viewers see the world in another way, to give hope, and doubt against doubting in overcoming chronic pain and diseases.
The Vandry’s are also International Gold Medal Award inventor’s award winner for the 2012 International INPEX (Invention and New Product Exposition) winning for their St Jude’s Miracle Oil™ invention, an alternative to opioids and for chronic pain sufferers.
The documentary Got pain? shows their research and hands on approach covering:
- Danger of opioids
- Pain and disease
- Medical statistics
- Lack of nutritional education in medicine
- Medical Doctors own health statistics
- Pain in the military, pro athletes and civilians
- Non pharmacy options and correct nutrition
- Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in USA
- A pro athlete overcame being forced to face retirement due to stenosis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and chronic
- A woman with breast cancer that chose to avoid chemotherapy
- The truth about Lasik surgery
- A woman through nutrition improved vision from 20-50, 20-40 vision to 20/20, 20/30
- Failure of spinal and joint surgeries statistics
- Spinal surgery patient who had limited mobility and agonizing pain to 99% recovery after correct nutrition, improving bone density and cartilage shown by x-rays.
In the film, pro athlete and Mixed martial arts fighter Jon Fitch had faced retirement due to stenosis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and chronic pain. As surgery was his only given option, Fitch consulted with William, who is also a Sports medicine specialist, Sports nutritionist, and Sports injury specialist. Also co-consulting Fitch was his wife Chandra, who is an RN in fields of neurology and immunology. MRI and CT comparisons in this film show a reversal in his prior degeneration and Fitch’s winning his comeback fight due to the correct nutrition not evident in today’s American diet. Vandry interviews former UFC and Japanese Pancrase shootwrestling champion Bas Rutten on his addiction to oxycodene, norcos, and the addiction when in pain.
The Vandry’s explore their work on RA, paralysis, second degree burns on a child, a teen with orbital socket breaks, Staph MRSA on a child after four weeks seeing a dermatologist, a woman with breast cancer that chose to avoid chemotherapy, the truth about Lasik surgery and a woman via nutrition that improved vision from 20-50, 20-40 vision to 20/20, 20/30. Her three year eye exams prove her overcoming through nutrition.
The film shows the hard medical statistics on failure of spinal surgery, and a spinal surgery patient who had limited mobility and agonizing pain to 99% recovery.
Got pain? shows William and Chandra’s research related to disease and lack of correct nutrition and detoxification that is a missing part of the health care system, and why our current nutrition and health systems needs to be overhauled.
Director / Writer / Producer - William Vandry
Director / Writer / Producer - Chandra Vandry